Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hands-on assessment with real-life clients tomorrow, Bismillah. I need to breathe and stay calm. Remembering the pre-placement talk about learning styles, I know I'm the Reflector type who doesn't ever think she's ready to take the plunge. But no choice! Tomorrow is the plunge. :|

I'm suddenly thinking of Hermione, who tried to learn Quidditch through books, only to feel so inadequate on the broomstick. I suddenly feel like all the reading I'd ever done is not serving me; huhhhhh, borrow so many books for what!

I must think less of the supervisor's eyes on me, and more on the client. Pretend he's not there.

3 comments:

Liman of Scotland's Messenger said...

YES, Shamiah!! Pretend your supervisor's not there!It really helps ;) You'll be fine! Will tell you about mine when we meet. Long story. As usual. GO GO SHAMIAH! Liman is cheering for you in Scotland!!

Shweta said...

How'd it go, Sham?

sham b said...

It's still going! Thanks for asking. :) Surviving, somewhat - I think I've got it better than the peeps thrown into hospital settings cause the pace is a bit slower and more manageable. Kids alternately make me exasperated and tickled. Good balance, I think. Shweta, you didn't reply my last email!

And Mini, We all totally need one of those cathartic trashing out sessions when 5109 is done with. To purge the stress! And btw, it's LYMOND. not funny ar. Please don't turn my hero into a random pakcik.