Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Coffee = magical. At some point over the past year, I had decided not to drink coffee so much because I think it messes around with my rather fragile metabolic system, but today, I was thinking I might be persuaded against this attempt at coffee-abstinence.

Because I was having such a hard time staying awake in class and I had to be supplied with sweets and other sugar options for some energy source; It felt like I needed pliers to keep my lids apart. All this is of course a result of bad sleeping habits and having rice for lunch, which then results in intense sleepiness in the late afternoon. But then!!! I went to Coffee Bean for a friend-meet-up, ordered a nice hot cup of cafe vanilla, and was consequently and immediately so awake and alert, that I read my journal articles and was happily productive and genki. Magical, this caffeine drug.

I have been thinking, I shouldn't be so intense and philosophical and moody all the time here. Because it probably gives a very skewed view of who I am, and I bore myself too, sometimes, heeeeheh. Although it's not my fault that the times I feel like writing are the times when I tend to think in a certain way! (And tonight I'm probably like this because of THIS MAGICAL COFFEE THING OMG.) Anywayz --

Things I am excited about:

* Yamapi's Ashita no Joe airing in Singapore soon. OMGZ. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I convey my fangirling excitement over this. You imagine lah, hor.

Actually. Eh. That's kinda all of it. XD

Maki's appearing in a spring drama, but she isn't exactly the lead and I feel lukewarm about the plot, so hmmm. Hokkaido holiday still not happening -- also, hm.

Oh!

* Future friend meet-ups with people e.g. Shweta, Jean, more?

* Getting a MacBook Air when I've finally saved enough -- I can't wait for this because >7 years with the same bulky laptop validates a change. I want to actually be able to carry my laptop around, and sit in cafes to do work.

---

Tonight, I was discussing polygamy with a couple of friends while sitting in the car (go figure our merepekness), and my friends amuse me.

It's not fair! Why can't women marry more than one man too.


Well, I know that part of it is to preserve lineage... so polygamy works, but polyandry doesn't.


I don't understand! Why can't a woman have more than one husband!


Because you have to protect lineage lah... You can't tell whose child is whose what, right!


Huh, why! I don't understand!


You don't understand?!?!?!?


I don't understand!


What do you mean you don't understand?!?!?!?!?!


*insert hysterical laughter here*


Because! In polyandry, the fertilization mechanisms are all contained in one... vessel! How to tell! In polygamy, you have separate vessels.


Oh...


But today we have DNA testing what, right!

2 comments:

Duck said...

Yamapi is apparently dating his sister's English teacher (who happens to be French). With pics to boot.

Shamiah said...

!!!!!!!!!!!

Is her face clearly seen in the pictures???

:( I is not like.