Sunday, December 05, 2010

I miss Supernatural; this has been the longest we've gone without the next season. Usually, it's like a 10-month wait. But now, it's more than a year and we still don't have Season 5, and I'm sure the US is already running Season 6. -.- My brother had the great idea of ordering it online (I'm not sure where from) and it has been ages. He claims it's already in the country, but is being held up for censorship reasons. whaaaaaat. I hope it comes soon. Before 2011 rolls around at least.

Found this from deviantart; too cute: what dean loves...

---

Also, I had a different photo planned for the quote on the header of my blog; but the photo size created problems with regard to layout, so I had to scrap this:

Editing can seriously do wonders, and turn amateurs into pros. This was an unplanned shot taken at Dal Lake, Kashmir, 2007, while I was riding the shikara (i.e. sampan). I remember in RG, just before the time digicams entered the mainstream, and our instructor Barnabas Hong (oh dear, I'm not sure I'm remembering his name right) talked about how he spent hours with like ten rolls of film, trying to photograph a single rainbow. Nowadays, you can have a random shot like this, and use a free online editing application, and voila! All pretty. It really cheapens the whole skill sometimes, I feel. The painstaking effort of waiting for the perfect sunrise and just the right mix of colours in the sky -- who appreciates that anymore? That's technology for you, I guess: making things far too convenient. To our detriment in some way, I'm sure. We just don't exactly know how yet.

2 comments:

eunice said...

Yes, that was his name. How do I remember this when I was only in Photog for 1 year and YOU WERE THE CHAIRPERSON???

-_______-

Shamiah said...

I remember whaaat, I just wasn't sure!