Tuesday, October 05, 2010

I love Lion King. It's probably the only Disney movie I watched properly in my childhood, and watched SO MANY times that every part of it is deeply ingrained in my memory -- like the shape of Mufasa's mouth for instance, haha. And this clip is the touching one between Simba and his dad before tragedy strikes. Simba is adorable.



But then, I also find things like this: Disney e Satanismo! It's a pastor passionately speaking about the evil poisoning of children by Disney. Obviously, if this is true, it is too late for me. Whatever subliminal sexual messages were intended, they're already done deal for me. >.< I wonder, have I been corrupted horribly by them.

haiyoh, you know what -- the day I become a mother, I'd like to throw out my tv. I have seen enough to convince me that it's better to be safe than sorry. I'll tell my children to read Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton and Harry Potter but not watch television.

Sesame Street even! Yesterday, I only discovered what the fuss was about Katy Perry and Elmo -- Katy Perry appeared on Sesame Street singing that Hot and Cold song, albeit with the lyrics modified. And a lot of people made fuss about how her clothes were too revealing for a kids' show, only to have the industry saying how surprised they were at the negative response. -.- I just. Don't know. Am sick with the lies I feel the media is saying. I don't see the point of a kids' show inviting an immoral popstar to have a play date with their character, is all. Come on, she's only barely short of Lady Gaga. Real parents with their heads screwed on right would, at the least, be concerned. And the fact that Sesame Street also invited Neil Patrick Harris on the show doesn't sit well with me -- it's like they're trying to introduce the idea of homosexuality (Hey, everyone, Mr Neil is Gay! -.-) even before kids really know the difference between boy and girl.



The world has never seen more confusing times. Good is bad, bad is good. And if you're the least bit religious, you're a prude.

No comments: