Thursday, July 29, 2010

When I want to write, but I can't write -- it's... suffocating. Like when inspiration comes, or a thought, or a feeling, and I want to be quiet and think and blog and get it out, but I have work and it's noisy and I can't get away; The thought or feeling gets stuck somewhere in my chest and it's a strange kind of pain when I let it fade. Because I don't know if I'll ever be in the right frame of mind again to write what I meant. True knowledge is experience, they say. And I just saw a quote -- God tells us to pen down knowledge.

It reminds me of Roald Dahl, who said that: Once, an idea came to him while he was driving, and he screeched to a halt, stepped out, and wrote a word on the dust-covered hood of his car. So that he'd remember what it was later.

No comments: