Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Teacher, you from which country ah?"


"From which country??? Singapore lah!"


"They why you talk like USA..."

I almost burst out laughing at this -- because what! How do I sound American; seriously, these kids. I think they can't tell the difference between someone who speaks proper English and someone who has an American accent. Because I'm sure I don't have an American accent! Right, right, right?

---
And haha, this:

You just saw the UFOs and thought they would land but they just kept showing stupid sightings and flying away and hiding in... caves.

---

This was from Maulid Celebrations earlier this year.

I asked him cause he's adorable, "Eh, what's your name?"

"Muhammad Nawfal!", with his lollipop in his mouth so that he was pretty unintelligible.

"Spell?"

He proceeded to shout in our faces, "N! A! W! F! A! L!"

Aishah piped up, "Eh, that's my brother's name!"

And Nawfal went, "AHAHAHAHA!" Which made me "?!?!?!?!"

And the rest of us cracked up because my god -- nutty, cute, little boy! XD



When Nawfal got his goodie bag.

And other cute kids at Maulid.

Abbas (at the rightmost corner) menyelit on stage, haha!

---

Insyirah!

I think this was from last year, when we were at Boon Keng to have mutton soup for dinner. Insyirah a little tinier and lighter; she's such a big girl now! Wanting to run everywhere. 

I am on a sudden photo-posting mood. I think I ultimately prefer blogging to fb-ing, and prefer putting up random photos here.

---

When the comp bio people gathered to have fun, for once! at the end of our course. haha. :) And I really couldn't believe that they prepared a cake for me. When the cake came out, I was thinking, "Eh, whose birthday is it?" As always, oblivious me. Thank you my wonderful course mates, without whom life in comp bio would be even more torturous.

---

"Let us remind ourselves of the lifestyle of the Prophet (s). We live in a time of ‘lifestyle choices’; but for us, in fact, there is only one appealing ‘lifestyle choice’. Modernity holds up to us a range of ideal types to imitate: we can be like Peter Tatchell, or Monica Lewinsky, or Alan Clarke, or Michael Jackson. There is a long menu of alternatives. But when set beside the radiant humanity of Rasulullah (s.w.s.), there is no contest at all. For the Prophet is humanity itself, in its Adamic perfection. In him, and in his style of life, the highest possibilities of our condition are realised and revealed. And this is beauty itself: the word jamil, beautiful, which is one of his names, refers also to virtue. Ihsan, the Prophetic state of harmony with God, means the engendering of husn, or beauty."

...

"Those of us who have lived far from nature, and far from beauty, and far from the saints, often have anger, and darkness, and confusion in our hearts. But this is not the Sunna. The sunna is about detachment, about the confidence that however seemingly black the situation of the world, however great the oppression, no leaf falls without the will of Allah. Ultimately, all is well. The cosmos, and history, are in good hands."

No comments: