Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I'm feeling more and more compelled to read the actual Sword of Truth books. But I wonder if by doing that, I'll kill my love for the show. Because right now, I'm letting the loopholes slide by without much comment, because of my love for Richard and Kahlan. And Zedd and Cara too. But maybe reading the books will open my eyes to more holes in the plots, and then who knows where my love will be.

---
LotS Parody (from episode 10, Sacrifice)

Zedd: Male confessors can't control their power! They abuse it. Therefore we kill them at birth. It's much easier that way cuz, let's be honest, most newborn babies are ugly as-

Richard: NOOOOOO!!!! We can't kill a baby! How do you know he'll really be evil? You desperately need to recruit more confessors!

MC: Oh Richard... there's been many cases where confessors try teaching their male child to be good... but it's never worked. Like me! I finally had to kill him when he was 11. Now that was painful!

Richard: (Babbles on about a .01% possibility that Denee's child might turn out good because he is related to Kahlan and everything Kahlanish is super sweet and awesome.)

Kahlan: Richard... Stfu! We must do it now before we get attached and he gets cuter!

Richard: No! (Knocks over bottles of Vampire Glitter and wolf piss.)

MC: (Facepalm.)
Confessors: (Facepalm.)
Kahlan: (Facepalm.)
Baby: (Facepalm.)

Richard: No one is going to hurt this baby! NO ONE!

MC: Oh Richard... if only you knew how we kill them in the books...
---

This morning, went for the T3M Traineeship interview. It was mostly okay, they didn't ask any tough questions, and were very nice. So, my worry now, is that if I get this, I won't know whether to accept it or not. HOW. What about my speech pathology thing! :(

On the train home, I got assailed by philosophical thoughts of choosing ideals over reality. I mean. Like. HOW. Should we grab opportunities that come by or wait for the one thing that's supposed to be perfect? Or maybe, I should stop thinking in absolutes. Yes, I should.

In connection to this, one of my favourites from xkcd:

No comments: