Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Found this site where someone attempted to write a biography of Shaykh Hamza, from what little he's revealed about himself throughout his lectures over the years. Actually, I don't think he'd very much approve of this if he found out. :P But he's such an inspiration; it's hard not to wonder about his life and background.

I know it's probably big-headed of me to say this: but I feel akin to his way of thinking and his outlook on the world, and this is part of the reason I am always so affected by his talks. Maybe everyone else feels like they can relate as well. I feel like, ohmygod, here's finally someone saying all the right things! Putting all my exact sentiments about life and religion into the right perspective.


"Like Winston Churchill said, ‘I’ve bumped into the truth a few times in my life, and I quickly get up and brush myself off, and get along with it.’
Well, I bumped into the truth a few times, and I had a choice to brush myself off and get on with it, or to become Muslim, and Alhamdulillah, by the Fadl of Allah, I chose to become Muslim."

No comments: