Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Had a toilet fiasco tonight. One of the taps broke, and water came gushing out like a jet stream, and granny, sis and me couldn't shut the main valve. I have no arm power at all, apparently. Neither did my sis. And we went around the house hunting for my dad's toolbox, thinking a plier would help, maybe. While my granny refused to get out of the toilet and tried to rectify the situation herself; she is stubborn lah. We kept telling her to get out of the bathroom (because seriously, what if she falls?!), but she refused, became really distraught and almost started crying, haha, cause she felt guilty. That's my granny for you -.-. I kept telling her it's okay; it's not like we haven't broken things in the house before, and it's not like my dad will punish her when he comes home.

In fact, because the fiasco was growing into something rather uncontrollable and I was getting stressed because my granny was stressed, I called up my dad (who was out with my mum and my uncle and friends), and he went, Why can't you turn the valve??? And I said, It's too hard okay! It's stuck or something! And he was all, like, Can you chill? Okay, I'll deal with it later. Who knows you might break it if you use the plier. But then my sister was all stressed too and added, Do you really want to waste that much water? When are you coming back!

So 10 minutes later, my dad turned up with Ami Ali and friends. I was like, HAH! Everyone's here??? And Cik Sam, Ami Ali and my mum marched into the toilet, and my mum went like, What is so difficult??? and she promptly turned the valve clockwise with her bare hands, and the water stopped.

XD

Absolute FAIL. Everybody kind of went, Haiyoh.... and me and sis fell over each other, laughing at how much fail we were. Admittedly, I didn't really turn it clockwise much, because it seemed blocked in that direction by a tiny screw. But I did try it! It was really hard. My mum is apparently hiding some super-power muscle in her arm. Or something, haha. My dad was like this -_______-. And we were on the way to Swensens, thanks.

No comments: