Saturday, February 13, 2010

ohhhmygod - I realise that Shaykh Hamza Yusuf is Scottish by race, and I can't help but think how a lot of my favourite things (e.g. Lymond and Harry Potter) come from Scotland. All the more reason for me to make the grad trip to Scotland a reality.

But ohmygod, this man. I am close to spazzing about him the way I would spaz about my favourite star or stg, but in a totally valid and real way (whatever I mean by that :P). We need more people like Shaykh Hamza in Islam; he's the most intelligent Muslim speaker and scholar I have ever seen (but okay, I haven't seen many for myself); he embodies everything I feel is right and true about Islam; his brain is like a treasure trove of knowledge of both Islam and everything not Islam as well; he's so eloquent and passionate and compassionate; he has awesome views on women and family and the worth and dignity of human beings; and gosh, I can't help but feel jealous of his wife, haha. And most importantly, he loves Nabi s.a.w., which is my yardstick for assessment of any Muslim scholar (Ami Ali should be happy with me). Every time I find some new lecture of his on youtube (I go yay!), I can't help but agree and feel awed and humbled and moved, and go please, why aren't there more Muslim men who awe me like this.

No comments: