Tuesday, February 16, 2010

More than anything, I'm disappointed with myself. I'm supposed to be smarter than this.

---

From a muslim sister maria:

Repel the thought, for if you don’t, it becomes an idea. So repel the idea, for if you don’t it will become a desire. So fight against that (desire), for if you don’t, it will become a determination and a passion and if you don’t repel that, it will become an action. And if you don’t replace it with its opposite, it will become a constant habit. So at that point, it will be difficult for you to change it.

---

I love my granny lah, oh my gosh. She's seriously damn funny. She came over to stay these past few days before my parents and sister fly off to Egypt (leaving me all alone - yay? haha.), and when I chat her up, she always cracks me up.

Shah Rukh Khan apa yang lawa, renung lama-lama, muka macam Badul. 


Every time I talk to her, I realise I'm digging up my old chest of Malay vocabulary, and I suppose this improves my fluency. yayyy. Like today, I used the word uruskan (i.e. manage). Haha, I don't think I've ever used that in speech; at least, not that I can recall.

---

“A man came to the Prophet (SAW) and asked him “O Allah’s Messenger, tell me of something I can do to win Allah’s love and people’s love”. The Prophet answered “Do not love this world, Allah would love you and do not have a longing for whatever people have, people would love you”.  (Ibn-Majah) 

”There are three characteristics whoever has them will taste the sweetness of faith: that Allah and His Messenger(saw) are more loved by him than everything else, that he loves or does not love a person only for Allah’s sake and that he would hate to revert into disbelief just as he would hate to be thrown into fire.” (Al-Bukhari) 



From a muslim sister maria.

No comments: