Tuesday, January 05, 2010

I love how eloquent this man is. The calmness that he displays when confronted with the journalist's too-easy-traps about what's wrong with Islam -- amazing. Too easily, we get mad at how people ignorantly perceive our religion and twist words around and deal with complex issues simplistically, and we fall in their traps. But here is someone who weighs his words, talks with understanding and conviction and clearly empathises with the ignorance. I feel so awed and humbled.

This past Saturday, when I went for the APEX Mentoring Talk and we were all asked who our mentors or role models are (and Mr Shaheed actually said other than Rasulullah -.-), I happily realised that this man is one of them. I want to achieve what he seems to have done; a marriage of true Islamic knowledge and a deep understanding of the world we live in today, so that we may be effective in this time.



No comments: