Thursday, November 12, 2009

He who lives without folly is not so wise as he imagines.
~ De La Rouchafoucauld

Been trying to revive my my motivation and enthusiasm for work. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!

I was on the train to school today and reading, and I wasn't actually reading because I kept zoning out into space every other sentence and thinking and thinking and thinking (bloody hell, I really just think too much) and then suddenly, the seat next to mine was vacated and this pakcik sits down and says, "Tengah hafal ke, termenung je?" (which kind of translates into "Are you trying to memorise, you look like you were daydreaming?")

So embarassing, please. I kind of just laughed it off and said, "No..." -- but really, I felt like disappearing into thin air. It's always kind of mortifying when someone catches me being my dreamy self. A kaypoh stranger some more.

It reminds me of the time when I was 13 and in the canteen and Stephanie Tan asked me, "Why are you staring at your bowl of noodles?" *headdesk* haha.

But okay, today, at one point during that train ride, I was thinking of how I'm going to sms Jiawen soon and tell her to plan an Arashi/JE party in her basement during the hols. wahahahaha! Please, this year has been tough. For so many different reasons. I am going to enjoy December and reflect on how I've grown.

No comments: