Sunday, August 30, 2009

I had iftar with my primary school friends just now. A few of them, I hadn't seen in 10 years! XD It's just so amazing to meet people again after a long time. Yes, we're all a little taller, a little better groomed and a little more mature, but essentially we're all the same, it makes me want to smile non-stop for some reason.

Like, the cutest boy is still the cutest boy, the funny guy is still the funny guy, the weirdo is still adorably weird and our personalities, I'm thinking, are set in stone or something. Take Yus, for instance. She had always been the sportiest girl and tomboy-ish to the core, and look now - she's climbing mountains. Shahirah - loved reading books and was a pet in English class and she graduated as an English major. :)) I don't know - it's like a beautiful familiarity somehow.

I have a year left of school and a part of me is already dreading the end of it. No, it's not like I'm in love with NUS. It's more that I'm afraid of that crazy vastness that is the world out there, in which I feel I'm certain to get lost. I feel like the water's getting deep and I don't know if I can swim.

No comments: