Friday, June 19, 2009

Jiawen put this up before but I've been having a ball rewatching Arashi clips and I just love their beatbox thingum!!! Just watch it! It's awesome -- I have half a mind to attempt this myself. XD Hah! I mean, all I need are several people making weird sounds and someone to compose a rap with me. :P Anyone with me on this??? I have only little more than a month left for crazy private projects before the new semester starts, dang it.



Seriously, I heart Arashi.



---

We brought home several pirated stuff from KL this past week. :P Including The Tudors, the tv series, which I've been meaning to watch for a while now. It's not bad so far -- Jonathan Rhys Meyers is rather good as King Henry VIII and of course, terribly attractive. For some reason though, Sam Neill as Cardinal Wolsey grates on my nerves a little. I'm just not sure why. Natalie Dormer plays Anne Boleyn - she's not bad. But I feel like... most of the nobles, with the exception of the Duke of Buckingham who got beheaded early on, lack the ferocity, ruthlessness and evil that I'd always imagined they'd possessed. That's why the show is not as gripping as I'd expected. Only King Henry is as scary and volatile as I suppose he was. Mostly, mostly, I think, I'm watching cause of Meyers. XD Oh dear. But the good thing about this series is that it apparently tries to keep as close to factual history as possible? It's a lot less emotionally-driven I feel, than the portrayals of Philippa Gregory's, whose books have been a source of pleasure for me. And therefore perhaps more accurate.

Also, these pirated stuff are very uncensored. @.@ Here's Jonathan Rhys Meyers as King Henry VIII.



And oh, Thomas Wyatt appears in the show too, I'm not sure why. Does he get beheaded as well later on, for fraternizing with Anne Boleyn? Anyway, his poem appears in the show and of course I picked up on the lines which Lymond used in Checkmate for Philippa (in green font below)! Ah. Everything comes back to Lymond for me, haha. :P

They flee from me that sometime did me seek
With naked foot, stalking in my chamber.
I have seen them gentle, tame, and meek,
That now are wild and do not remember
That sometime they put themself in danger
To take bread at my hand; and now they range,
Busily seeking with a continual change.

Thanked be fortune it hath been otherwise
Twenty times better; but once in special,

In thin array after a pleasant guise,
When her loose gown from her shoulders did fall,
And she me caught in her arms long and small;
Therewithall sweetly did me kiss
And softly said, "dear heart, how like you this?"

It was no dream: I lay broad waking.
But all is turned thorough my gentleness
Into a strange fashion of forsaking;
And I have leave to go of her goodness,
And she also, to use newfangleness.
But since that I so kindly am served
I would fain know what she hath deserved.

No comments: