Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I've been rereading my old emails again and I realised I meant to post about this a long time ago -- Duck and me were discussing about cute babies becoming beautiful adults and I used Yamapi as an example:

I TOTALLY AGREE ABOUT THE CHIBI KAWAII --> GROWNUP KAKKOI TREND!! It's the same with Yamapi, and really, quite the same with anyone I think (unless they destroy their physical well-being by being totally obese or undernourished or got involved in some physically-marring accident). I think it's the case that if you're a gorgeous child, the tendency is that you'll be a gorgeous adult. It makes sense, because see, what's naturally beautiful will always shine eventually. I mean, if you had pretty chibi eyes, then you'd have pretty adult eyes. And all the awkward-looking stages of adolescence are the pains of transition. Morphing from chibi to grown-up can be a difficult phase, and I think most people suffer aesthetically through that period. They either play too long under the sun, like my brother, and become as brown as burnt peanut butter (my brother was born as insanely fair as tofu), spoil their eyesight and hide behind humongous glasses or they have some weird malnourished diet that leaves them as skinny as poles. Yamapi had a scary skinny teenage phase from when he was 15 to 18; when he was so incredibly thin such that his clothes hung on him unflatteringly and his eyes appeared overly large (to me) and his yellow hair didn't help. In fandom, that phase has been nicknamed his poodle stage. Some people say Yamapi looks good ALL the time, but you know, that period was especially questionable.

But my gosh, if you look at chibi Yamapi (I'm sure you've seen the pictures); without a doubt, his cuteness is irresistible! I swear, I'm not surprised if Yamapi was accepted into JE by virtue of his looks alone, although he might have been great at the dancing audition, or his very positive and hardworking attitude shone from him like a beacon of light from the moment Johnny saw him. Chibi Yamapi is SO CUTE I feel like squishing him. Really, I can't wait for Yamapi to have a kid some day so that that cuteness can be replicated in his son or something. I keep telling my sister, "Can I have a son that looks like chibi Yamapi!!! PLEASE!!!" At which of course my sister looks at me and questions my sanity for the millionth time.

But my point is: I agree that cute kids make beautiful people.

My sister is watching SMAP music videos now. My gosh, sometimes I wonder what has become of us.

And drawing parallels with DT -- god, why am I so mad???

Sometimes I look at the Pi/Jin friendship and think of Harry/Draco in Draco Trilogy, HAHA. Except I really really dont like Jin. Because how can someone so good and nice like Yamapi/Harry like someone as horrid as Jin/Draco?????????? And if you allow me to run away with my imagination, then Pi/Toma is like Harry/Ron -- the true friendship. :P HAHAHAHAHA. Because Toma is nice and friendly and Yamapi's first friend in JE.

Am I nuts or am I nuts. XD

---

With regard to real life, I've been trying to get a hold of a different professor for FYP. It makes me worried, but I shall persevere. :s

No comments: