Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I finally watched the much-acclaimed Shawshank Redemption.

Once in a while, there comes a truly amazing story. And this is one. I can't even put into words how profound I find it. Every little thing about it just falls into place like a wonderful and meaningful jigsaw. I love the theme of friendship and hope and humanity. And the dialogue is as awesome as candy to me. (Okay, I don't know where that comparison came from, haha.) I always like it when Morgan Freeman narrates.

"Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

Ah, hope. Dreams. It's one of those things you know - something that can both hurt and heal. Is it better to live with it, or without it? Or perhaps the key is to have bite-sized hopes? You know, moderated hoping; realistic dreaming. But then, maybe that contradicts the whole point of dreaming, eh. Because what's the point of dreaming when you can't make it as limitless as you wish.

But my gosh, hoping so hard can hurt so bad. Which is why, I guess it's more admirable to chase after dreams. It takes courage and resilience and strength. What is living if we don't dream, some say, right.

At the end of the day, it comes down to a simple choice, eh. "Get busy living, or get busy dying."

Besides, ARASHI! ARASHI! For DREAM! :) haha.

So I shall live and love and hope.

No comments: