Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Movie Rave

I just finished watching Crows Zero -- it's a manga movie adaptation about school gangs. And uh. It's mostly about fighting. There's a little about honour and comradeship and friendship. It's kind of like Lord of the Flies; in the sense that the school and underground yakuza world, like the little deserted island, becomes a whole new dimension that plays out its own politics. I like that. It's about humans returning to their most primitive behaviours. The girl played by Meisa Kuroki was rather unnecessary though; she was merely decorative. And her acting has not impressed me thus far. I should stop thinking that association with Maki makes her an equally talented actress. On the other hand -- Oguri Shun. Goodness. His acting skills aside (which he has a considerable amount), Shun is like the embodiment of coolness. Seriously. He makes the coolest gangster. When he strutted down the street, me and sis looked at each other and XD and simultaneously went, "Ohmygod, Shun." How does he do it. Be so cool. Does it immediately come with the lankiness? The long legs?

I can't think cool without thinking Shun in Crows Zero (or Shun in general -- think Hanazawa Rui). I'm trying to get another equivalent; but the boys from Outsiders don't even come close and I can't think of anybody else. Thunderbirds from Grease? :P GOD.

Okay, I should sleep. Tutorial tomorrow! And so far, I've only been pretending I know what dynamic programming is. I don't really know how to do it.

No comments: