Sunday, June 01, 2008

This morning, my dad had a strange mood swing and burst into our rooms at 8.30 with a wide smile and announced that we were going out for a day excursion. I was a combination of -______- and @_@ because I slept at four and was hoping to snooze till late. He had turned environmentalist all of a sudden and suggested treetop walks and chek jawa. I was really going "Eeeeeeeeh." What is goin on.

Minus my sister who had her pesta pantun meeting, we went for Nasi Rawan breakfast at the ever-favourite Wak Nah at Bedok and set off in the direction of Telok Blangah. But then my mum was worried about the heat so we decided to go to the national museum instead. The first time since the revamp. Pics ahead.



There was this brocade Greek statue that was quite fascinating.









The Film History Gallery was nice too. P. Ramlee stuff.





I have no idea why the photos can't be horizontal! Anyway, I can't decide who's prettier between the two: Zaiton or Sarimah (the latter). I always thought Sarimah was more beautiful but here Zaiton looks super sexy in her kebaya.




$3 movie ticlets! must be heaven.




Then there was the food section. I swear we smelt jemput-jemput (fried banana cakes) inside the gallery.







The audio companions. They were rather troublesome, but quite informative, I guess. I remember Patrick telling us during heritage class that it distracted people from the exhibits. And it's quite true. You end up just listening to the narratives and the exhibits become sort of redundant. Hm.



There were also NAFA furniture design competition entries (or stg) and there was this really cool structure that could be made into a cd shelf. I so want it. I was so fascinated by it I forgot to snap a pic.

Work starts tomorrow! :s

No comments: