Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Not for the first time, I'm wishing I only needed 3 hours of sleep. I can feel my brain throbbing for sleep, but I am resisting because goddamn it! There are far too many fun things to do online.

I had to wake up early today and spend almost the entire day learning about PSLE math. All part of being mentor to P6 kids all geared up for the exams. So yes. Lack of sleep.

Anyway. Continuing from last post... I still haven't watched Ayat-ayat Cinta. I don't know, it's like the universe is against my watching it or something. (But I shall not be silly enough to read into that, shut up brain.) So anyway, 7 of us piled into a car (sis, me, brother and our other-brothers) and drove all the way to cathay cineleisure. And when I rushed to buy tickets, the numbers were all already red. SOLD OUT. Seriously. Someone needs to realise that this movie needs more airing time.

So we bummed around. All depressed because we couldn't find a good movie we all hadn't watched. We loitered around PS. And finally swooped down on gelare. We finished 3 waffles at a record speed of 4 minutes. We were all cracked up by the end of it because our $40 waffles disappeared at a rate of $10/min. That's hilarious. Really. Then we browsed dvds and books at Times. I contemplated getting another self-study Japanese book (cause I'm halfway through my current one) but refrained from splurging. Hussain was all psyched about his China stint and was checking out maps. And the boys were at the mags.

It felt good to be out with them, regardless of ultra movie failure. Like rediscovering that bit of me I'd almost entirely forgotten. Nostalgia kicking in again. These were the people I grew up with. And it's so great that we're still close. The original 8, minus one. I think I remember writing about us back in JC. How I felt like everyone was starting to drift apart at that point.

It's happened... a little. But we're still hanging on. But this whole business about all the boys having girlfriends, as I suspect, is unsettling. Ah. The tides of time waits for no girl.

And oh. I got the IBN attachment. Part of me is absolutely determined I enjoy this.

No comments: