Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Sichuan Zoo recently had a panda baby boom! Have you seen this???







Aaaah! SO cute! They're like furry footballs! I want a panda, please. And I can't believe I haven't been getting to watch the movies I've wanted to watch. I didn't manage to catch Ayat-ayat Cinta at the theatres. And I still haven't seen Kungfu Panda and The Happening! I WANT. Maybe friday night? Before the parents come back from their happy holiday.

Anyway, yes, my parents are having a nice vacation at a mountainside in Puncak, Indonesia. I would have gone if not for this work attachment with mice. And I was really deciding whether to forget about this job thingy for the trip, but I decided that maybe I should try working for once. Besides, I have the december hols to console myself with - I am seriously hoping for Japan. Been relentlessly bugging my dad about it. At random intervals, I'd poke my dad and say, "Japan, okay? Japan, okay?" And he'd go, "TSK." But I secretly think that my dad melts with much persuasion and poking and the right amounts of grins and puppy eyes from his daughters. (Although, crap, this coming from a 21-year-old must be weird.) I shall keep at it. And Japan might just materialise by the end of this year! >.< And I want to be able to speak a decent amount of Japanese by that time.

I have not much work today. Image processing has encountered big insurmountable pothole; the software isn't able to deconvolve (aka resolve) the image correctly. So, my poor overworked mentor will have to scout around and figure something out. And I shall go read some bio stuff and anticipate my mice imaging work tomorrow.

No comments: