Thursday, June 26, 2008

I've been messaging jiawen on facebook about JE. haha. finally, there's someone I know who knows this stuff, you know? And we are excited cause she says HanaYoriDango the movie is coming to singapore in august and we shall drag munirah (and maybe eunice too? :P) to watch together. yippeeness.

only apoptosis assay in the afternoon today.

and oh! Of course I should say that eunice and me met up with yeatian yesterday! Yeatian is going to Kyuushu (spelling?) for a summer exchange! >.< jealous, jealous. And we talked so much at swensen's about eveything from stupid people who don't know that England is part of Europe to ghost stories. I think I have this inability to contain my excitement when talking about stuff. Like this couple sitting next to us - I was vaguely aware they were a bit annoyed at our noisy table. I don't know. Not sure if it's me being oversensitive. But they left rather quickly too.

and oh, I was just reading the paper while eating tahue this morning, about how being geeky is so the in thing now. That truly rocks, it does. It means my torturous mugging for programming has some popularity boosting power for me or stg (muaha, what am I saying???). HAHA. Masi Oka (Hiro from Heroes), who apparently has a mind-boggling IQ of 180 (the average is 100) and was once a special-effects programmer for Lucas Films, said "A geek is just someone who's really passionate about something and I'd rather be passionate about something than be apathetic about everything." :) so it's okay to be geeks. And apparently Oka was voted into the Sexiest Men list last year?! really, man. Geeks are inheriting the earth, they are. And the ST article ended with how all this only proves that the brain is the sexiest part of the body. nyaha.

No comments: