Wednesday, May 21, 2008

PHOTOS!: Lunch at the halal Hei Sushi @ Downtown East with Eunice! I finally had a proper sushi meal, and I actually liked it! Was so happily surprised. My family largely looks down on uncooked food (My brother: "Cooking was invented for a reason.") and everyone thinks sashimi looks particularly disgusting. But but BUT! I actually liked everything I tried! So happy. I've already told Ahmad (the only cousin that likes Japanese cuisine) about it and we've promised to go together some time. :)

Me at Hei Sushi. The computerized ordering system is a bit whacked though.


Eunice with the menu. She looks amused. Probably at my crazy level of excitement over some Japanese food.


The salmon nigiri! My favourite of the lot.


The Hei Chawanmushi. Nice.


Hamachi (if I'm not wrong). I can't say I love raw cold fish, but it wasn't bad.


Prawn nigiri. Prawns never go wrong in my book. (:


Salmon roe. At first they looked scary, but they turned out fine. Salty, but nice.


Maguro nigiri. aka Tuna.


Soft shell crab! Eunice was like, "You've never eaten soft shell crab?! @_@ WE MUST HAVE IT."


Ja!

No comments: