Thursday, May 08, 2008

I'm remembering a line from the movie adaptation of The Other Boleyn Girl (which rocked, did I say?): The art of being a woman is letting men think they are the ones in control.

And my. I think it's so so so so so so true. I watched with my brother, so I asked him about it when we were driving back, and he was like, "Yarlah. I think men know it but can't do anything about it." Haha. Women are super-manipulators, okay. If you think about it, Anne Boleyn, as the story depicted, was probably behind the establishment of the Church of England. Amazing, ain't it?

Sigh sigh sigh. Be a good woman, women. Women make or break a family I think, so be a good one.

Also, when I was out today, I saw the chicken essence advert again, and hello, that advert is seriously ridiculous lah okay. If you actually take notice, you'll realise that the kids who claim the intelligence-boosting power of chicken essence are all wearing supposedly top-school uniforms, except without the blatant school badges or crests. There was RG, RI, I think SJI and SCGS too, and Nanyang (without the prominent red kanji characters at the corner! @_@). Who are they trying to kid, really. The advert just SCREAMS Singapore's kiasuism, elitist attitude and grade-obsession. It bothers me! It's like, you can't really say it, but you know, if you drink chicken essence, you can go to RI.

-_- puke.

Some Rafflesians seriously go overboard. Like that Rafflesian success stories book, if you've seen it. What is the need, seriously, to title it that way??? I can't fully verify this, but do we go to bookstores and find books like "Cambridge Success Stories", or "Harvard Superstars" or something like that?! Eeeesh. Sometimes ah. Cannot take it, yar.

No comments: