Thursday, January 10, 2008

School starting in a few days. I'm bracing myself. Keeping fear at bay is my utmost priority.

I also have come to realise that I am slowly but certainly outgrowing this blog. I can no longer write in it. The last entry, which had heartfelt sentiments, was up for a mere half hour before I dumped it into the drafts folder. I've become more uptight than before or something. Anything that's remotely personal doesn't belong on this screen anymore. I no longer feel comfortable being honest here. I've grown to become more private, at the least; more of a recluse, at the worst. oh well. I say give it another year, and we'll see if this blog still survives.

That's why I talk about film and tv more than anything else, I suppose. It's the only thing I allow myself to express freely about here.

Watched Atonement. (Honestly, this December break tops all my hols for most watched movies and tv shows.) Briefly: a little nuisance of a girl makes up lies about people, with terrible consequences. Also, a love story. (So you can just put two and two together, eh?)

There was a severely draggy part somewhere in the middle of the movie, and you normally don't hear the comment 'draggy' from me. So, yes, it was draggy. And slightly confusing. It was jumpy, and abrupt at parts, so you're left wondering for a few seconds at every new scene: "What on earth has happened???" If I could pick one word to describe the movie, I'd agree with most reviews: COLD. It's a movie that'll leave you COLD inside. It was like, "Okay, here's the bitter truth of this story. It's horrible. And here are more horrible things. Life is tragic, so deal." At the end, I felt bleak. Not sad, just BLEAK. I'd rather you make me cry properly.

But the filming was still beautiful. Gorgeous, gorgeous scenery and sets. With a 5.5 minute film track that reviews are raving about. People are also raving about Knightley's amazing green gown. ohmygosh, I agree. The gown was a spectacular green.

Overall, it was still worth a watch though because period pieces are always a must-see for me. And James McAvoy is always great to watch. (: And although it was bleak, it was something different.

Okay, I so need to watch a bouncy, happy, definitely-happy-ending romance.

No comments: