Thursday, December 27, 2007

What's this business about profesors insisting they be called by their first names, huh? Like Daniel. And then Patrick. I mean, it feels weird. Cause I've grown up calling any authority figure with, at the very least, a Mister before their names. And now, anytime I send an email to a professor and address them respectfully as such (practically begging for help with ISMs and UROPs and whatnot and then receiving minimal rsponses, but that's another story), they send back emails signed off with "Cheers, Daniel!" or "Regards, Patrick." And then the next time I attempt to send an email, I fret over what to address them. Usually, I eventually settle with a neutral and simple "Hi".

I know this friendly-first-name-addressing is supposed to encourage a camraderie of some sort between faculty and students, but I say again: it is weird. I'm just not used to it. Although, I sort of got used to calling Daniel, Daniel, seeing as how the long US trip did make us all friendly with each other. oh well.

On semester one results: appallingly bad. CAP now lower than ever and I had a bad day trying to get over it and convince myself that there's still a future for me.

2008 Resolutions: Be very hardworking, till there's no space left for worrying about not being hardworking enough. And make money for distant-future holiday plans.

No comments: