Tuesday, October 02, 2007

It's funny how math can make me laugh so. Prof Lawton is just so absent-mindedly hilarious! And he barely ever succeeds explaining anything intelligibly. So far, any concept I've managed to grasp has been a result of my own perusal of the textbook or Bertrand's explanations in tutorial. He'll explain all the useless stuff we obviously get and gloss over the difficult math concepts. Gah! But still, it's hard to hate him because he's so adorably uncle-like and funny.

But Lawton and his antics aside, math is still amusing because there will always come a point in an incomprehensible lecture or class where one utterly gives up and tunes out, and starts seeing all the scary math equations in a humourous light. Like during tutorial, I'll turn to Pi Quet on my left, and say, "Do you get any of this?" He'll say, "No!" And I'll go, "Me neither! HAHAHAHA!" Really, the numbers on the board start to look truly like squiggles. How mathematicians can survive all their lives immersed in a whole other 'language' is out-of-this-world.

Anyway, horrible metabolism test today. The moment I saw the first question, I knew I was doomed. Because I made the mistake of underestimating MCQs - they can be formidable. So I barely scraped through with a passing grade whilst others got decent 16/20s.

Bioinformatics test tomorrow. Umi is being nice and giving me a reprieve from the kitchen just so I can prepare. So, if I do badly, I'll feel ten times worse, cause I can't blame it on the dishes. Damn.

No comments: