Saturday, July 07, 2007

I love John McClane to bits. Always have. >_< Coolest of the cool. He sits there amongst my rank of cool heroes. My brother agrees baldness has never been this cool. And I shall say it, yes, Die Hard was fantastic old-school entertainment. :))

Also, my HP fanatism is creeping back full force. And I am thrilled. I've sort of forgotten how much I love it. And as I read OotP (in preparation for what seems a promising movie adaptation), I can't help but recall how much I loved DT too, despite whole plagiarism fiasco. Really, man. How sweet old times seem. Yes, she ripped off Buffy and Monty Python countless times, but it doesn't lessen the image of sarcastic DT!Draco in my mind. Ah sigh.

This means I'm old, right? To be nostalgic like this.

On another issue: You know what I wish? That people would quit being hyper-sensitive over everything. Only kids under the age of 12 are allowed to indulge in being petty, because they're still too young to understand the ways of the world. Take advice from me: Found out you got screwed over? Suck a deep breath, quell the pain, and move on. Sooner or later, you're gonna get so good at it, you really, honestly, won't care. You'll just go, "Oh, I got kicked in the back again? I didn't notice." Besides, I think that half the time, people don't realise they're kicking anyone in the back. Give them the benefit of the doubt, I say.

It would save people a lot of grief if they did that: like Heathcliff and Catherine, and Achilles and Hector. Haha.

No comments: