Friday, April 13, 2007

School officially over! And we're left with the last stretch of mugging. May God keep me awake and focused.

I love Oliver Twist. I watched the movie on tv today, the one with little Barney Clark as Oliver, and I love him so much. Oliver Twist just makes you want to go hug an orphan. Seriously. So poor thing. Okay, that's it; Oliver Twist shall be on the list of my reads after exams end. I feel horrified at myself when I realise how much reading I haven't done this semester. I halted all my reads at the beginning of the year. Completely halted.

And I had my last paper conference with Nerney this morning. And he made me feel smart because he said my first draft is in pretty good shape. and there isn't much for him to talk about. Then he actually said I was his star girl in class because I said some smart things in class. Which made me laugh, because seriously, that is hilarious. Perhaps it's because of the five people class. Otherwise I wouldn't talk so much. But I think I didn't talk much! I think Anu did most of that. oh well.

I think I have a problem receiving compliments. The moment I get one, I either think they're faking it, out to get me or they just don't know me. I blame my parents. Because they have never said anything good about me to my face. not really. not even when I got my As. my dad will just go, "how come you didn't get a scholarship?" honestly, I tell you. Parents can screw up the child in many many ways. And this is one of the many reasons why having a kid is incredibly scary. Every action on your part counts. BIG. But, overall, I think I'm a pretty decent person. I'm not a criminal or overtly rude or anything. So I think overall, my parents are great.

going out for family dinner! albeit missing the son of the family. but feels nice anyway.

No comments: