Friday, January 12, 2007

I seem to lack time nowadays to post comprehensive entries. So I've decided to be brief and chopped-up. Give random thoughts or describe random happenings in a few sentences or so.

I recently chopped my long hair so that now, I look like Scully or Dora the Explorer. Take your pick.

And because of Blood Diamond, (and I thought of this when I was sitting in the cinema itself), if I ever get married, I don't want a diamond ring from my intended. Not unless he can prove to me a 100% that someone didn't die for me to have the ring. I'd have anything else in place: platinum, yellow gold, white gold, silver, hey, even brass.

Watched Eragon and my goodness. Can we stay from LotR please. Aside from the names (Eragon and Aria), there were numerous, really numerous, similarities. Like when Eragon said, "I didn't choose this." (He means the dragon egg.) That line is just so Frodo. Too Frodo. And the weird creatures-cum-warriors that the evil shade (bad wizard) sent off to kill ignorant Eragon (again a Frodo trait) were much too reminiscent of Uruk-Hai. This is one of those movies that people say isn't good, and it really isn't!

I realise that I've been watching too much prison break and my brain's been overloading on it. So instead of multiple viewings of those beautiful blue steels staring into space (and I mean Michael Scofield's eyes here. Read TelevisionWithoutPity's reviews. Hilarious.), I've returned to Supernatural and forgotten how much I love Dean too. He is so freakingly entertaining. Plus he has the essential ingredient in my love affairs with fictional characters: the tortured soul.

yay for the weekend.

No comments: