Friday, December 01, 2006

Am rereading my lit text: The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. The ten-year-old girls are so hilarious. They discuss sex so much but think it's disgusting and scary. And this is just funny.

"I wouldn't like to have sexual intercourse," Sandy said.

"Neither would I. I'm going to marry a pure person."

"Have a toffee."

The toffee part is so incongruous! Haha.

This one is also funny. Sandy makes up stories in her head; this one about Alan Breck from Kidnapped and his lover (herself!):

Supposing that passion struck upon them in the course of the evening and they were swept away into sexual intercourse? She saw the picture of it happening in her mind, and Sandy could not stand for this spoiling. She argued with herself, surely people have time to think, they have to stop to think while they are taking their clothes off, and if they stop to think, how can they be swept away?

Lit will be over soon.

Damn the exams ah. I want to go bowling with my cousins!

No comments: