Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Okay, I know I am a nutcase when it comes to being obsessed with stories, books and tv. But it annoys the hell out of me when some other people seem even more nutcas-y.

For instance, the fact that some fans are petitioning for Dean's potential love interest in Supernatural to get kicked off. For God's sake! Leave it alone! The moment these rabid fangirls heard there was a girl coming into the show, the hate started. Yes, I post about loving Dean yadda yadda yadda, but it's all in the name of fun. I don't go around bashing the girl who might end up with Dean on the show. He's a character, you crazed people; you can't have him for yourself!

Of course, I suppose, part of the hate stems from the whole homo-Wincest thing. If a girl comes into the picture, poor screwed up minds can't enjoy a Dean/Sam in their heads. Not so much. Oh, woe it all. No fandom can escape the clutches of same-sex fantasies. And Supes is the prefect breeding ground for it. Put in a regular girl character, and everything tilts off balance.

Yes, sure, you can argue that homosexuality exists and there will always be people who are inclined towards it. But it's scary when at least 70% of the fandom enjoy it. What is this, I ask you.

Looking at the world of HP fandom, it's clear it has gone completely nuts and we've actually gone beyond homo relationships to trans-species. Things like Hagrid/Giant Squid exist. How do people think of such things? Appalling. I've sort of left HP online fandom because partly, it's hard to find decent things anymore. Gone are the nice fluffy days of Gryffindortower and Sugarquill. Now I'm just waiting for the last book and am sticking to canon, thanks.

No comments: