Monday, August 07, 2006

Forgot to mention something important:

DT has been completed. [Spoilers ahead!] Well, it's not a slash ending, thank goodness, but I didn't think it was that great either. Yes, they ended up as the closest friends ever but I felt like there were loose ends... So, are those two boys going to depend on each other like that forever? Is that a good thing? The D/G part was pretty abrupt and begs explanation and further development. There was a nice funny part where a private love letter was in danger of being exposed during breakfast - that was hilarious; reminiscent of peanut-butter-out-of-the-window fiasco. I also felt like Blaise made an implausible 180 degree turn in personality or something, which I strangely dont mind. I think DT was at its best mid-DS and early-DV, when the sarcasm was top-notch and situations were ultra funny, and Hermione hadn't become that intolerable. Just glad it's over. Three years have been too long.

No comments: