Monday, June 12, 2006

I just had the most short-lived trip ever. I think.

Left for Malaysia last Friday night, with all intentions of going all the way to Kelantan (stopping by KL for shopping) to visit family friend, Pakcik Mail, who got into a motorcycle accident recently. But my dad fell sick in KL and all plans were thrown out the window and we came back for Singapore after only a night. Think my dad's recovering already.

We did manage to shop at ever-beloved Petaling Street again. Where all manner of fake-but-pretty things are sold at mind-bogglingly low prices. My sister got a nice Billabong sling bag, I got a Christian Dior handbag and my brother got RayBan shades, a Polo shirt and a Lacoste shirt. You'd think we were the kids of some COE. Then we had nice food - nasi padang, then Nandos. And we got to see Abang Dollah who's studying at the Monash KL campus. He picked us up in his tiny Kancil car and we packed in like sardines. It was such a laugh. We also got to see his bachelor pad! He shares it with one other guy and, truly, I was awed.

It was a wonderful apartment, fantastically furnished. Very guy, but very nice and cosy. No drink cans stacked in the corner, no neglected laundry stack, no books or cds scattered around. It was utterly spick and span, and I can only dream of ever being that neat. Their dining table was a japanese-style glass tabletop with cushion seats; very pretty. The tv area was ultra cosy, with one single blue ottoman-like sofa ,and the tv was equipped with dvd player, playstation and stacks and stacks of dvds that I was practically salivating over. Granted, there weren't any chick flicks to add colour and flavour to the collection, but they had all the war movies that I liked, all stacked neatly in a row (Braveheart, Troy, Kingdom of Heaven etc) and some tv series called Oz, that I'm gonna check out soon. I could spend a long time there and not get bored. Their rooms were very personalized and again, neat, to the point of disbelief, really. I just don't get how people can be so tidy. Hah. But that's me.

Shall mention that Eunice has managed to get me hooked on Veronica Mars. Great series, to say the least.

No comments: