Sunday, March 12, 2006

I am so worried about the VCF scholarship thing. What if they can't give a reply soon enough? And UCAS declines my offers for me? :( Feel stressed. I'll ask Edinburgh if they can let me give an answer later.

My sister saved one of her poems for literature in my computer once, and I came across it recently. And I realised it suits the current situation very aptly, since we're all going so many different places and my best friends will be across oceans. It's scary how things can change so fast within so short a time.

As I sit alone
With the warm sun on my back
I realise something’s missing
A part of me which lacks.

Could it be the trees,
Reaching for the sky?
Or could it be the children,
Walking home, who pass me by?

Perhaps, I miss the birds,
Chirping sweetly above my head?
All I feel is restlessness
A part of me is dead.
I know now what it is.
Now I realise what is wrong.
It’s the feeling, they call solitude,
All my friends are gone.
Of course I know,
That as we grow,
We have to make our way,
We all must plot a different course,
To go by everyday.
It's a simple poem but, yar loh.
I was just getting used to yesterday, and along came today.

No comments: