Friday, January 13, 2006

Went to register for basic theory test today with Turk. Was worried about that stupid rumour that people my height cannot drive, but there was no discrimination against poor vertical achievement so far. We saw a weird eye-checking machine thing on a counter and it was placed so high, and Eunice joked that maybe that was the height test. But no. Thank god. 27th February is the date to remember.

222 is the nightmare bus. It's packed like sardines every morning and afternoon. I have to squueze in with the rest of the pingyi, east coast and god-knows-what-other-school students every day. Horrible. Sometimes I don't even pay. Besides, adult fare is atrocious. I can finish 10 bucks a week on transport.

Have also started arabic lessons and am so excited because Mudaris (which means teacher in arabic) will make sure I understand it thoroughly and bring me through it all until I can read the newspapers, and books, and converse fluently. And watch Al-Jazeera too. Haha.

Ana Shamiah. Ana mudarisah fil East Coast Primary. Baiti fil Tampines. I'm mixing it with English. Muaha.

I love fridays, despite the fact I have my least favourite lesson; with the P4s: Health Ed. It's so boring and I dont know how to make it interesting for them. Anyway, I love fridays because at least the school day ends early (before 1) and we have dinner outside and a movie ocassionally follows after. Tonight, we might watch that French movie about haj, directed by a Muslim called Ismaeel. Seems intriguing.

No comments: