Friday, December 30, 2005

I have got the moe approval and will be going to east coast primary on the first day of school to start work. It's a bit hard to believe. Sometimes I can picture myself doing this very well, but mostly I'm afraid that as soon as I step into any classroom, the kids will sense my... Fear is not what it is. My gullibility, more like. And think, 'Hey, a teacher who can be bullied!' Gah. I will not let that happen! WILL NOT WILL NOT. I will be strict and bad and mean, if they get naughty. And I can be mean, and I have been. To my sister and my brother. And I shall wedge all that anger from the past and channel it into this new stern and fierce me. And I shall wear heels even if I will get blisters walking to and from the school.

I remember how I used to pinch my brother to death last time, whenever he annoyed me. I had a very powerful, painful pinch. And I also used to pull at the collar of his shirt whenever he tried to run from me. The collar of his Jurassic park t-shirt stretched so much, it reached to below his chest. Ah, the old days of physical violence. But with my sister, I would make her cry just by talking. Or, we would mess up each other's tables.



I finished Arthur the King by Allan Massie and love the way he writes!!! So nice.

Only those whose faces have been rubbed in the mire, and who have eaten of the bread of desolation, are fit to sit on high.

I have learned that hardship is the proper school of excellence.

I agree very much. It's like what I said about being on the boundaries the other time. You just have to know how the other side feels, you know, before you become all mighty and rule over them. King Arthur is a good example: scrawny abused boy to most legendary British King.

Take this other quote about prophets, from Hadith.

The prophet Yusuf was once asked, "Why are you hungry when you are in charge of the treasures of the Earth?" He replied,"I fear that I will become full and so forget the hungry person!" ~ Ash-Shifa of Qadi' Iyad

No comments: