Sunday, September 25, 2005

I have become so money-minded, it scares me. All because I am so damned desperate to study overseas. I'd be walking to catch the train in the early morning and I'd be thinking: if only I could get on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?' and win. Or at least get past the 250 thousand mark. Or maybe win some on Wheel of Fortune. If I could only have that one bit of shining, golden opportunity. Besides having to fight for a scholarship, that is. And then this person, real or not, appears to tempt me (refer to my guestbook if you're lost at this point). What the. I am confused. I can't help thinking: what if this is for real and I threw away the opportunity to gain some money whilst helping someone, instead of resorting to crime? (Haha, I won't. Promise.)

Remember, Shamiah... money is the root of all evil.

Why must everything be so expensive these days. Siiiiigh.

Almost done with UCAS application. Am waiting for credit card numbers (a.k.a. parents) to come back and then this part will be done. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. Where will this bring me in 10 years' time? I have no idea.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh. Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost

I sure hope Mr Frost is right.

It's funny how... you don't want your parents to decide for you, but then you want them to approve everything. It isn't easy. I just feel so torn sometimes. And I can easily understand how some people who lose their parents as they grow up, end up getting strength and focus from that and eventually do whatever their parents had wanted; dedicating half their lives to their lost parent. I'd do the exact same thing. I've thought of it many times. Of course, I always pray it never comes to that.

Hm. Feel like pasting Frost's poem now.

No comments: