Saturday, April 09, 2005

Abang Mamad is now married! It was amusing, watching him tonight. He's like the closest cousin (and even then not so close) to us who's finally gotten married. It'll be exciting if Kaktiyah finally does, or haha, Hefni.

Saw Abang Dollah!!! His hair was whoa! Almost a full-fledged afro. Apparently, they lack barbers in KL. When he saw me, he was like... "How are you...?" Cause it has been a long time. But I couldn't reply anything sensible because I kept grinning and staring at his head, then I exclaimed about his hair. And he replied with something along the lines of "Cool eh?" And widened his eyes teasingly like he often does. Which then hit me with nostalgia of days long gone. The unforgettable London trip, Perth...When we all went on holidays together, and all those nice and crazy times, laughing away like hyenas. I miss those terribly. Time really changes things.

Anyway, when sis and me were at the gates of Ami Akar's house, before we actually entered, we looked at each other and she voiced out my exact thoughts: "I hate social gatherings." Haha. Because we'd be seeing people we barely recognise, not knowing how to make small talk and trying to find a place to sit. It's ugh. Normally, I try to look busy and just smile all the time. Lucky I have my sis. Without each other, we'd be lost.

At the bride's place, it was so packed and hot, I could hardly breathe. And I was tailing all the other photographers with my videocam, and was the only girl. I always get stuck doing such things. It was an Arab-Muslim wedding, but save for the actual ijab kabul and the music, everything was in malay. Hah. And I couldn't believe my dad. In the car, on the way there, he actually jokingly warned my sis and me not to "kenyit-kenyit mata" (winking, eye playing...) with the arab mats. What. @_@ I had no intention whatsoever. Honestly. And besides, me doing that? One day, I will make a point to my dad against all this arab-superiority thing by simply not getting married at all and blaming him for it all because of his insistence on arabs. Or maybe I'll go find a black man and insist on him being the love of my life. Muahahaha. Or better yet, my dear albino. I can't believe I just said that. I'm so asking for it. Haha. But really, I can't stand any group of people who feel they're just superior, be it whites or arabs. Besides, inbreeding is detrimental! Learn some bio.

Got home about 2 hours ago. Was exhausted actually, but wanted to blog badly, so here I am.

MiQ tmr. Doubt I'll know ANY answer. Oh dear.

No comments: