Tuesday, January 18, 2005

"We delude ourselves with the thought that we know much more about matter than about a 'metaphysical' mind or spirit, and so we overestimate material causation and believe that it alone affords us a true explanation of life. But matter is just as inscrutable as mind."
- Carl Jung, Excerpt from Coincidence, by David Ambrose

It is a fact that the deeper you look into matter, the less 'material' it becomes. Cells are made of atoms and atoms are mostly space, then down below that we're into quantum indeterminacy, 'quarks' and 'gluons'... Matter has no more physical substance than a thought.
- Excerpt from Coincidence, by David Ambrose

The book I'm reading has all these interesting injections... that you can ponder on for hours. I like such books. But the main plot is becoming quite disappointing... hm.

Have actually tons of work and SPA is coming. But feel very, very tired. If I sleep, I know I won't wake till morning. But if I do work now, I won't be able to absorb anything anyway because all I can think of is sleep. So what to do?

5 minutes nap, maybe.

No comments: