Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Read DV 15. Slightly disappointed cause I finished it under two hours. But I still love it. Some of the parts cracked me up. Really. Few authors are able to make me laugh until I clutch my stomach in pain. Cassie's one of them. Of course... the jokes are still not as good as they used to be (recall peanut butter sandwich scene)... but some of the humour's back. :)

"Ginny!" Draco cried. "My Ginny, my darling - thank heavens you're safe!"

I am now going to launch into a DV ranting/review so... in case you're a reader, you've been warned...

*****
Of course Hermione's not dead. It'd be too good to be true. I really think the Rhysenn who returned was really Hermione... somehow.
Poor Ron. I'm so afraid he's going to kill himself or something. I mean... If I were him and I knew that my blood and existence were to bring the end of the world (my gosh, this sounds cliche), I'd want to die.
I really, really like Ginny. I've always liked Ginny. I love the way she's being strong, selfless, and honest with herself. (Unlike selfish Hermione!) I almost wanted to cry at the part in the garden with Tristan/Draco. I love, I hope. Wonder what that means. Maybe there's hope still for them both? I think so.
And oh my gosh, is pesky Seamus dead for good? I almost feel guilty for always calling him pesky... He's a good guy... His kind of characters always exist... They're good and they don't deserve to be hated but people just hate them because they're pesky.
I foresee the two Voldie's ending up killing each other.
And of course, the friendship between Harry and Draco cannot get any closer. What they have is so special... As long as they don't turn gay! I pray they don't. Their bond is so unique, to make them gay would ruin everything.
I'm going to paste a quote that probably all DV fans have on their blogs by now.
"I don't," Draco said. "I want to stay with you. Watch over you. Follow you always. It's what I was meant to do. Blood binds us, Harry, and some fate more inextricable than that. And I want more selfish things. No one wants to die at seventeen. I want to be young and to live, and to be with the person I love, and I want to travel and see the world. And I want to get married and have children some day, and spoil them rotten so they grow up to be foul little bastards, and I want to die in bed when I'm a hundred and ninety, hexed to death by a jealous husband."
The 'jealous husband' part made me squeal! Goodness. Luckily Harry didn't catch on that... Well, of course he didn't because he's nobody's husband... yet... Let's just hope she's dead. Actually, I pity her... But better her than anyone else! Selfish female dog.

*****
I was reading the reviews at Cassie's blog and apparently I'm not alone where being torn between Lymond and Draco is concerned. There are people who agree that those two are probably the two most amazing male fictional characters ever created. And who also can't help but compare the two.
Though... Recently I've begun to suspect that Cassie has been ripping off certain things from Dunnett. There are things common between them that are much too coincidental.
Like the way both Draco and Lymond always lean on things to support themselves so as to appear unperturbed but are actually unable to stand up, on the brink of collapse or blind. Oh my god! YES! BLINDNESS. Just realised that. Now THAT is too much of a coincidence. Both of them experience bouts of blindness!!! Due to poison! Though Lymond's is slightly more complicated. Maybe I should ask her directly, if she's shaping Draco according to Lymond. Because if she is, then, then, then, it'll be really wrong! Because Draco will essentially be Lymond and at first, the reason I was attracted to Lymond was Draco! This distorts things pretty badly. But I suppose there's nothing much wrong, legally, with using Dunnett's stuff because it is fanfiction.
They both like brown haired girls. And have been associated with red haired girls.
Both had almost crossed a river to the afterworld (Draco via the bridge and Lymond via the boatman) but were being called back reluctantly to fulfill duties they hadn't completed. And they both actually wanted to die.
Both are adept with using the sword. Both are filthy rich. Both have sharp tongues. Both have been described as someone who you really, really like or really, really hate.
Of course, not to mention, the likeness in the physical attributes. Except for the colours of the eyes. Maybe Cassie couldn't make it blue cause the book already said grey.
And oh my gosh. The French roots. Isn't it peculiar that Cassie has to make Draco have French blood? He can speak French... Lymond's born in France but he's full Scottish.
Oh yes, both have been misunderstood as evil.
I rest my case. They are very, very much alike. And there's a 70% chance that Cassie is either consciously or unconsciously making Draco into Lymond.
*****
Had nowhere to go after national day celebrations today. So sad. Nikki had RP so we couldn't watch The Village like we wanted to. And Jean didn't even come today. Addy went off with Joel. And everybody I would consider going out with just disappeared! Smsed Duckie but she said she was already going out with some friends... Understandable. Called Munirah and she had already made plans with her rock climbing mates. Almost called Jiawen before realising she's in Australia. Eunice has her learning journey thing. Bet Pige had something on with her class too. I just had nowhere to go. And it was utterly disappointing. Called my sister and even she had plans with friends. Ended up going home with Pramidh who I hardly know and who's only been a recognisable entity for being in the same Thursday PE class. She's nice of course. And has extremely pretty eyes. I told her that and even added that it sometimes looks green. Which sent her laughing. I added that it could possibly be all the greenery of bouna vista reflected in her eyes. Haven't I mentioned that I love green? For the wrong reasons, some would say. But hey, I still like it.
Anyway, was so very down because of the fact that I appeared friendless (Sister did not help the situation by taunting over the phone that all my friends have left me. I kept cursing her and she kept laughing.). So I decided that I could very well entertain myself. Am very good at that. So I set off by myself... First of all, bought waffles with blueberry paste. Nice. Nicer than the ghim moh one, I feel. Then walked down some shops and went to the Tampines library and stayed there for approximately two hours. Time flew past. I just looked through so many books and enjoyed myself immensely. Looked at all the Literature books. My hand itched to pick out one of Shakespeare's plays but the logical and sensible part of me prevailed. How could I possibly understand it by myself? And even if I could, I could not possibly afford the time. Found some cds to borrow. Educational ones. A Dorling Kindersley interactive history encyclopaedia which got me all excited. And one about Egypt and another one about Lost Civilisations. Wanted to borrow them all but when I got to the borrowing machine, it rejected my card. And it turned out that borrowing cds is a completely separate thing from borrowing books. Membership was required. WITH AN ANNUAL FEE OF $21. That made me all angry and sad again. Because when I found the cds, I thought the day had turned out a bit better... only it didn't. Comforted myself by marching around a bit and returning the cds in the incorrect place. Then went back to the lit shelf to see if I could at least borrow a book. But because my mood had been spoiled, I couldn't appreciate anything much anymore. Wandered off to the psychology section and finally got absorbed with those personality things I get obsessed with occasionally. Found a Chinese destiny precicting book which says that my element is Earth and I have a voracious appetite. And love to learn things and because of that, think I know more than others. Haha. Also found an astrology book which says that psychology is a profession strangely common for Taurus people (which made me go yay). It also said that marriages between Aquarius and Taurus people are strangely uncommon. And Taurus people like Taurus people. Which explains why I love my aunt so much and think she's leading the perfect life.
(Realise I need to start a new paragraph.) After all that endless browsing, I ended up borrowing a book called 'The Secret Language of Dreams'. Pretty interesting so far. Has Freudian and Jungian theories which I find intriguing. Though I think Freud is a bit mental because of the way he assumes his sexual repressions are shared by everyone.
The mind exists in 4 levels:
  1. The conscious. Where the ego is in control and the 'I' decides everything.
  2. The pre-conscious. Where the mind stores clear facts, memories, ideas and motives.
  3. The personal unconscious. Where a person's deepest unacknowledged desires and fears are stored and appear in dreams as symbols which are personal to the person.
  4. The collective unconscious. A large pool of symbols and ideas shared by the human race which Jung thinks forms the world's myths and religions.

Read a section about lucid dreaming too and feel like up to trying it again. Being able to do it would be amazing.

So... after borrowing that book and feeling ok again, I got out of the library, bought a coke and green apple slurpy from 7-11 and headed home.

And here I am.

I wonder if this is my longest entry to date.


No comments: