Sunday, January 11, 2004

Everybody else seems to have described their JC orientation in detail. What's wrong with me? How come I don't..? I'm such a lazy pig... Or maybe I'm just too busy. Busy with going out with new RJ friends.

Friday was the Orientation night. We were supposed to have dressed up in the matrix theme but it really didn't work out quite well. We tried to wear black... but some of us didn't have all black shirts or pants. And some of us were wearing beige coloured tops... and red in the case of Heng Liang, one guy in my OG. On top of that, most of us were quite reluctant to wear our shades. I had mine clutched in my hand and wore it for a total of five minutes max throughout the whole night. Really quite funny. So we were one of those OGs which were not so-very-eager to get up on stage and show off.

Saw Eunice's group dressed in garbage bags... HAHA! Anan was walking into the hall wearing his garbage bag and I realised he was in Eunice's group. He saw me laughing at him and smiled. Another group dressed up as a deck of cards. Another like evil minions dressed in black hooded cloaks with green-glowing sticks. Interesting. There was an American Idol spoof done by the J2s... not so bad. One of the guys sang pretty well but the unconvincing male Britney-impostor won. He was hilarious, singing 'Oops I did it again' and wearing a tube top... bearing belly and incorporating all the dance moves.

After that we moved to the campfire site next to the field and danced the soleilas and rain dance. I love the rain dance! I am so going to download the song from somewhere... Then we had the batch song and stood in a circle and jumped up and down together. There was some holding hands up in the air thing and I was standing next to Yixun, who was sooo bleeding tall (to me), and Elizabeth, and I couldn't reach their hands. So funny! Had to tiptoe a bit. There were candles being passed around but they kept going off and the wax kept dripping. It dripped onto my hand. HOT! But then dried up immediately. Bird screamed when Yee Wei dripped wax onto her... but then she was all right. We ended the whole thing with Raffles cheers. Elizabeth and I decided to scream for the Unite cheer. That was actually the first time I screamed. I usually never scream when we cheered it before. Felt really good actually.

After that, our OG had a rather solemn gathering at our J'cozy. We gave our OGLs our spuddy cards, which consisted of a big potato with each of their names in it and messages from all of us. Ming Jing and Andrew had something for us too... messages and the Jaxoras keychain. So sweet! Then we decided to have supper. Ice-cream at Guthrie House. Took a bus there. Bought a tub of ice-cream, shared amongst appx 7 people. Then we were shooed out of the building by the guards. And I waited for my dad to pick me. Stood along the side of the road until everyone else went off. Some of them didnt want to go home yet and went to King Albert's Park. I went to 7-11 across the road and saw MANY HC people. Thought might see someone I know, but didn't.

Got home and slept at midnight.

I think I'm going to miss Orientation. Going to miss Jaxoras and the cheering and screaming. Going to miss the dancing, believe it or not... haha. Not saying that I could actually dance the soleilas. I could get some parts and it was still fun, trying to catch up with all the good dancers. Rain dance, like I said, is just sooo fun.

I had a dream the other night... about dancing. When I woke up, I wanted to laugh. Shows just how much dancing I've done during my waking hours. I was in school, standing with my OG people, I think. We were watching tv... and it was a PCK show, with dancing in it. And we had to follow the dance moves. And then everyone started dancing. I realised that I could not find Elizabeth anywhere so I didnt have any partner. There was no one else around me who didnt have a partner and I remember feeling completely lost. I recall seeing Jeanette and Hadri dancing in front of me... and I was trying to follow. So funny!!! And stupid. I mean... come on, PCK and DANCING?! My brain has gone haywire.

There's a barbecue at Denise's house today, but I'm not going. The timing isn't good for me. My mum isn't happy. I've decided I must put aside time to spend with my family. If this is how life in JC is going to be, going home late everyday, I have to spend weekend at home as much as I can. Already, next Saturday's the CCA fest, and I know I'm going to go out after that.

No comments: