Saturday, November 22, 2003

My sister received her PSLE results today. 253. Good, eh? I thought she'd get around there. My brother's was 250.

But... I feel kind of disappointed. I had hoped that my sis could get into RG. Then I could pass on everything to her... I feel sort of sad too that none of my relatives can beat my PSLE score which was not all that high, 265. To tell the truth, I was not ecstatic when I got my PSLE result 4 years ago. I had expected... 270 something at least. Like my prelim score. So to think that... I'm academically the best in my family... is not exactly that big a deal. I wish someone could just beat my score!!! But there's only one cousin left who hasn't taken PSLE... and.. he's not exactly the studious type. SIGH.

I think I'm confused. It's like... my family thinks I'm smart... but I'm not! At least not as smart as they think.

I have to get off this topic before I blabber more nonsense.

Finished Lymond! Nice. Nice. Nice. Though I have to say, the ending was too abrupt. Thank god there's a sequel so I can read about how those people who thought he was bad at first would react after finding out he's innocent. Innocent is not strong enough a word. He was not just innocent, he was used, hated, spit on, and slapped in the face when all the time he was doing more than any martyr would for his country. I like the story also because the women in the story are not always portrayed as the damsel-in-distress type. Of course, there's one who's like that, but there's the evil one, there's the one who shows extraordinary determination and spirit, and the extermely smart one. I was particularly surprised by the smart one. I shall try to read the whole book over in detail before buying Queen's Play. I think I shall buy Queen's Play before I fly off to Switzerland so I can read on the plane. YAY.

OH. OH. OH. The LotR movie marathon! I wish I could go! But how can I stay in the cinema from 9 am to 9pm?! My mum would never let me. Have to make do with marathon at home then.

No comments: