Thursday, November 14, 2002

ok.... I'M BACK!!!! Hah. Watched the movie. hee.

First off, let's say that I'm very much happy with the movie. Of course there are flaws, on which I will elaborate later. But overall, it's GREAT.

Ok, before I go on, I must warn those of u who have stumbled upon my little blog and haven't seen the CoS movie. Beware...

SPOILERS GALORE! SPOILERS GALORE!




Daniel, Rupert and Emma were certainly more confident of their roles! They were absolutely wonderful. I would have to say that Lockhart was great as well. There was much less of Oliver (sorry Yu Jie!), less Snape... but more Draco!!! Hehe. His smirk is almost perpetual.

Now... for my favourite parts...

1) The Burrow!!! I simply love the Weasley house. The clock was extremely nice. But then... we didn't get to see Ron's room. Hmm, how sad. Ginny's appearance was real good, just like the book. She was totally shocked to see Harry there, and fled. But unfortunately we didn't get to see her elbow sink into the butter dish. hee. I realised Fred and George hardly cracked any jokes... cept for the part when they were gonna play quidditch against hufflepuff and they said that the hufflepuffs were terrified that Harry would petrify them. Julie Walters was VERY Molly Weasley. Arthur Weasley was ok too.

2) The Whomping Willow. WOW, I'd say. I really didn't expect the branches of the tree to be THAT big and thick. One hit and you'd be dead. The branches were supposed to have cut Harry and Ron... but then it would have been bloodier I guess.

3) Dobby is very... irritating... but that's how he's supposed to be I guess. I think he's alright. The banging his head against everything he can get hold of is... funny and... just very dobbyish. Oh, there was the part at the end when he blasted Lucius (Lu-see-years) with magic. Now... that is doubtful... when did that happen in the book? Are house elves capable of magic...? hmm.

4) I wonder if Tom Riddle and Harry do mean stg when they speak Parseltongue... or is it just a bunch of hisses? Trying to figure it out now... I do remember Tom saying stg that sounds like'Slytherin' when he was summoning the basilisk.

5) The basilisk looks like tha monster from MIB - according to Pui Man. Well , a little bit. The eyes maybe.hehe. Other than that, it was scary alright. No wonder they say little kids would be a bit freaked out by the movie...

6) I didn't know that going back in time meant that everything turned grey as well. Everything was grey... Hagrid 50 years younger had shorter hair, but apparently they couldn't show his face. sigh. Dumbledore had a shorter beard but the same raspy voice. Honestly, I think Richard Harris was already sick on the set...

7) Lastly (for todae at least), is about fawkes. The bird seems to be the only problem for most of us. Well, as soon as it appeared on the screen, Pui Man commented that it was ugly. Well... it did look robotic and the beak and head was blackish and i dunno... just weird. Eunice seemed totally upset that its cries were that of an eagle, when it iwas supposed to be the phoenix song. And the 'tears part' was a "failure". It just kind of cried onto Harry's arm and healed the cut. Oh and Harry didn't seem very pained by the cut anyway. Maybe a venomous fang pierced into your arm isn't very painful after all...

Ok... I'm kinda tired of typing. I shall talk bout it again next time. I haven't mentioned the polyjuice potion, moaning myrtle and the hug thing!!! so funny!!

tata

No comments: