Saturday, November 21, 2020

Life Goes On

So. BTS came up with a quarantine-themed song;

Song of 2020, really.

💜


They also have a song called Blue and Grey on the new album, 
which didn't capture my ears from the first listen; but then I looked up the lyrics --
oh my heart.
It's about depression and melancholia, 
and BTS has a knack for making things so beautiful and ach-y.

Suga's lines killed me.

I don't know where it went wrong.
Ever since I was a kid,
I've had a blue question mark in my head.
Maybe that's why I've been living so hard.



Everyone's reflection for this year has been a general negative;
I'm meeting the birds tomorrow (possibly for the first time as a group this year...? yikesy.)
and I've been thinking, maybe we don't have to look at it all so bad.
I'll save my proper end-year reflection for December, but --
despite the general global human mess we're in,
I feel like this year, finally, my internal growth has solidified. 
I feel like there's a solid core now.
It's been purged for me, the blue question mark. 
I've confronted it head on,
and I can actually smile thinking about it all.

No comments: