Saturday, May 23, 2020

ooh-ooh and you're gonna be happy

❥  I'm really loving this song right now.
 



You know those days when you're sad for no reason,
Your body's heavy, and everyone else seems busy and fired up...
I can't take another step,
I feel I'm already behind,
The whole world seems so hateful.
There are speed bumps everywhere,
My heart crumples and I just talk less and less.
Why? I've been running so hard.
Why is this happening to me?
Back home, I lie on my bed,
I think, "Is it my fault?"
In the midst of this dizzy night,
I glance at the clock. It's almost midnight.

Will anything be different?
Probably not.
But even so... today is done.
When the hour and minute hands align,
The world holds its breath for a moment --
Zero o'Clock!

Ooh ooh and you're gonna be happy,
Ooh ooh and you're gonna be happy,
Like the snow that just fluttered down
Let's breathe, like it's the first time...
Turn this all around
When everything is new, at
Zero o'Clock.

---

I was out this morning to get my swab test done in anticipation of our returning to work sometime next month. This song came over my ears as I walked home and it was just timely and nice and filled me with such hope. So relatable. We all have those slug days (as E and I like to call them), but then this song made me pause, and think, It's okay; there's tomorrow. Come on! Halsu isso! Ganbatte. It made me feel less alone too; we all have such days, eh.

I'm a lot more cognizant and conscious now of my thoughts and internal verbal commentary -- so wonderful, hopeful songs like this (which I've always actually been a fan of) are extremely welcome. Listening to this song, walking a long slow walk home, and stopping by random open stores to do some shopping felt like an amazing blessing. It felt like...

yes, I'm gonna be happy now.

No comments: