Tuesday, July 17, 2018

ahhhhh I should sleep, but I needed to get my thoughts out.



I was YouTube-jumping and I landed on Dave Chapelle's interview clips. He said something that I thought was wonderful in that interview:

that things are funny until they happen to you. suddenly, when it happens to you, there needs to be more empathy. suddenly, we're meant to see each other.


and isn't this so true.

It's like that well-known psychological concept: fundamental attribution error. What you see in others, you'd blame on their character; but what you see yourself doing, you attribute to circumstance. You're never wrong because the situation led you to do certain things; but everyone else is, because they're innately evil.

How do we escape such terrible human loops, but to practise more empathy, eh.


God, I shall strive to be kind,
but please help strengthen my heart so that I can always be kind.

No comments: