Thursday, May 17, 2018

Happy Ramadhan!

:))))

I am psyched at the start of this month,
and hope to stay psyched for as long as I possibly can,
if not all the way through.
I have personal goals I want to achieve too,
Alhamdulillah.



And I just finally accepted and understood for myself,
in conjunction with the advent of this blessed time:
the truth that love conquers all.

It's cheesy, and cliched, but as I've posted here many times previously:
such things are more often than not very true.

Why do I say this? Because for a while now,
getting very angry and upset, at a lot of things,
seemingly more than justified to me, has made me grapple with managing my rage,
and wrestling with the concept of forgiveness.
I pondered and ruminated and puzzled and agonized a long time on it, and had discussions,
and struggled to come up with an understanding or conclusion or solution...

until I thought of the Prophet s.a.w.,
and thought of how he forgave so many people --

the people of Taif who threw rocks at him s.a.w. and treated him atrociously,
when all he wanted to do was talk and share his message --
but when asked by the angels if he wanted to be rid of them,
he said, "No, they don't know any better." and prayed
that the children of Taif would have their hearts opened instead.
(which they did of course in future generations)

the people of Makkah,
who killed so many of his beloved companions and uncles and family --
but upon the Prophet's reconquest of Makkah, he forgave them unstintingly.
His enemies were pretty much stunned, I think. They had expected to be massacred in revenge.
(this act of unprecedented kindness moved so many more to follow the Prophet s.a.w.)

I had started to think, how could he do this, this amazing man?
and realised that the pervasive and all-encompassing love that he had for people and humanity,
a sort of balanced love that did not consume but spread like a balm over others,
was what enabled forgiveness.
A giving-ness that allows space and growth -- a "Oh, they do not know any better."
that allows you to love them for their humanity anyway.
Every human is trying his or her very best.

It's easy to mistake endless love and kindness as stupidity,
far too easy,
but in truth, there is so much power in simple love and kindness, that transcends.
And I would actually be stupid if I remained blind to this.

And that's what I shall strive towards bit by bit
through all the corners of my heart.

Insya Allah, Amiiiin.

No comments: