Monday, April 30, 2018

oops I missed my birthday! hehe

but I'm still up and don't feel like going to sleep or prepping for work tomorrow because I'm in birthday mood and happy and it's like a long weekend anyway cause Labour Day is coming -- so here I am way beyond a decent bedtime, blogging, as I do every year, to commemorate the passing of yet another year of life.

Life is not easy; but it's not that difficult either as long as I keep perspective. And I am learning to be grateful for lots of things, and I've realised that I'm happier than I thought I was, Alhamdulillah!

And I feel I've repeated this phrase many times in my life, but every time I do, I'm happy to realise it's true: How pleased I am that I am pleased. I remember the first time I posted that, M asked me, ooh what's up? did something wonderful happen? But as it was then, it is now: that I feel happy I don't need any major thing to learn to be happy. Alhamdulillah.




Anyway, I just finished watching this too, and it was lovely.


Reply 1997 is not recent but is on Netflix -- hence convenient -- 
and it's just a sweet drama about childhood sweethearts and a growing-up story. 
(Also not to mention nostalgic stuff like pagers, flip phones, VHS tapes and dial-up modems! haha)


I have such a weakness for well-made growing-up dramas. 
They are wonderful and sweet; although this was bordering on crazy and crack haha. 
And it makes you thankful for your past, no matter how nutso it has been, 
because it's all a journey, eh. 
It's all a journey, we're all always learning, 
and may we all keep stumbling on love and friendships 
over and over in life.

💜

ganbatte, S!

No comments: