Friday, April 20, 2018

A universally-known truth now, no?
Living gratefully.
Simple concept, yes; does not mean easy though.


Notice the moments:
stop, look, go with the opportunity in the moment!

I get what he's saying here. I wish I felt like that more, 
or like noticed more, or be more cognizant.

Okay, this year is about cultivating greater gratitude, insya Allah.

---

Pachinko is proving a beautiful read; infuriating characters but at least there are amazing ones too.

"Child, come here," Isak said.
Noa approached him and sat on bended knees. Please God, please. Please make my father well. I'll ask this just once more. Please. Noa shut his eyes tightly. 
Isak took Noa's hand and held it. 
"You are very brave, Noa. Much, much braver than me. Living every day in the presence of those who refuse to acknowledge your humanity takes great courage." 
Noa chewed on his lower lip and didn't say anything. He wiped his nose with his hand. 
"My child," he said, and Isak let go of his son's hand. "My dear boy. My blessing."

No comments: